It’s July – the month we have been waiting for. July is the month of the Nigerian Library Association (NLA). It is the time for our Annual Conference. Yippee!
The annual gathering signifies the time when Library and Information professionals in the country gather to celebrate and discuss issues germane to our professional concerns in the country. So, this month, all roads lead to Abeokuta for everyone in the Library and Information Science profession.
As scheduled, the NLA National Conference/AGM will take place at the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library, Abeokuta, Ogun State from 23rd – 26th July, 2018.
Events like NLA National Conference/AGM are important avenue to connect with movers and shakers in the field, and establish new partnership that can foster beneficial collaborations.
As a reminder, attending a professional gathering of this nature has alot to offer, among which are:
- Meeting with authors and learned professionals to tap from their knowledge;
- Attending sessions that will showcase new ideas for library operations;
- There will be lots of people of professional interest who can become viable network for solving challenges in your workplace and personal endevours;
- A visit the to the ancient city of Abeokuta (Nigeria’s acclaimed “cradle of civilization”) and the most magnificent Presidential Library in Africa; and
- opportunity to explore new technologies that can be implemented for your library services or research.
As information professionals, who need to be right in the things they do, here are some of the things you just have to do.
- You need to be connected
- You need you be updated
- You need to be technologically informed
- You need to be motivated
- You need to be involved
- You need to be exposed
- You need to be learn, and
- You need to know.
Being right in your assertions, moves and activities is important for your professional progress, and attending the NLA Annual Conference is one sure way to get you started.
So, when you have to be right in the things you do as LIS professional… you will have to attend the NLA Conference/AGM.
Click here to read more about the Conference and for Registration details. Thank you!